The job of a skilled Painter to paint the interior and exterior of the hotel’s structures, buildings and other surfaces. Your job will be important since good painting has both practical and aesthetic benefits.
An excellent painter is knowledgeable in selecting the right material for their job. They have experience in painting with various tools and in various heights and spaces while observing all safety measures. They must be reliable and deft as well as possess great attention to detail in completing their duties. The goal is to deliver high-quality painting work.
- Carry out all surface preparations, applying of base coats and final coats of color to areas as required.
- Perform periodical walk through of the property to identify areas which require esthetical improvements.
- Ensure that adequate inventory of paints for each area of the hotel and primers are in stock.
- Reading blueprints/instructions and examining surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary.
- Making on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Cover floors and furniture with drop cloths and tarps to protect surfaces .
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, or electric switch covers.
- Preparing walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster).
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture.
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools.
- Apply varnish and other finishes.
- Calculate costs and negotiate prices.
- Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions.
- Calculate the area to be painted and the amount of paint needed.